The G.M. Lawrence House is a pristinely renovated c. 1828 Greek Revival house on 3.1 acres in the bucolic hamlet of Palisades, on the market for the first time in 40 years. Current owners left no stone unturned in their expert restoration and renovation; painstakingly stripping away layers of paint to reveal original details, replacing modern flooring with 19th century heart pine boards, installing historically appropriate energy efficient windows, replacing siding and adding modern insulation, new roof with copper gutters and leaders, high end kitchen and baths, and lovingly updating every inch of the structure, including all plumbing, heating, and electrical systems. To usher the house into the 21st century, they opened walls to give the first floor a more open plan feel, and constructed a 2-story addition featuring spacious family room with wood burning fireplace and a gracious primary bedroom above. The original living room fireplace was rebuilt and lined, and fitted with a wood stove. 2 separate finished basements, dry with walk out access, provide additional space for play, work, and laundry. Beautifully landscaped with an array of specimen trees, aged bluestone patio and paths, hot tub, and wood burning pizza oven. A spectacular 2 story, 3-bay garage features radiant heat, 10' ceilings, concealed shelving and workshop with 220 power, running water, and air compressor. The second story of the garage is a beautifully finished 1,500 sf office / studio space, with Brazilian mahogany floors and radiant heat. The vibe is historic country estate, and only 11 miles north of the GW Bridge means easy access to NYC. Award winning South Orangetown schools, convenient to Hudson River, parks, and minutes from the shops and restaurants in nearby Piermont and Nyack villages.